Saturday, November 2, 2019

Beware of #FREE media on Sketchy Web Sites

WARNING!!
Be Skeptical! Google
notified me one of my books was being advertised on a free eBook site. Since the only place my eBooks are ever free is on Amazon or directly from me, I checked it out. The original link led to a 2nd URL that led to a third URL which Norton identified as a malware site. Looking at the headers, it appears to be in the UK but the link leads to Russia. The site offers "free" music, books and movies which you may get but along with the "free" media expect your computer to be corrupted. I am disturbed that one of my titles may entice someone to corrupt their computer. There is no recourse on my part. My advice is to be aware than many of the "free" offerings have destructive strings attached.

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: