Saturday, November 23, 2019

Where The Crawdads Sing By Delia Owen

I didn’t plan on liking this book.    I tend to avoid “best” sellers as I seldom agree with them being best in anything but sales.   This book, however, surprised me.  This brings new meaning to human interest.   The life of Kya is illustrative of prejudice and redemption.

The story is slow but the characterization of Kya is just amazing.  You feel as if you have made a connection to an entirely imaginary friend.   A definition of loneliness, she finds attributes that neither she nor the world could have anticipated.   Her reflection of nature and applying it to human behavior was interesting.   I am quite fond of anthropomorphism and it was interesting to see applied in reverse.  

Don’t anticipate lots of action, due expect a story you will remember.

I highly recommend!


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: