Friday, November 8, 2019

Educated by Tara Westover



Once again, I am unimpressed by the overwhelming praise for a best-selling book.  The memoir of an abused woman who achieved success through intellectual achievement in spite of never attending school should be inspiring.   Instead this book left me angry and depressed that anyone had to suffer to the extent the author suffered.

It is clear that our society suffers the existence of pockets of oppression and insular behavior that has no recognition of mental depravity.

It is dismaying, in my opinion, that it took as long as it did for the author to recognize she was abused by a browbeaten subservient mother and a father and brother who obviously labored under undiagnosed mental illness.

I didn’t like the book and I can’t recommend it. 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: