Thursday, January 14, 2016

Deadly Assets by W.E.B. Griffin


I normally like Griffin's work, particularly his books about Philadelphia cops as I live nearby.   This is kind of a time slice of Philly about 10 years back when the term Killadelphia was applied due to the number of murders in the city.

Books become more real when you are familiar with the places and people who populate them.   The story is depressing, primarily because so much of it was true to life.   I  seem to recall I found Griffin's work disjointed but I found this book particularly disjointed.  It started off strange and the strangeness was not abated until the end.  

The lack of continuity colored my feelings on the book.

Web Site:  http://www.webgriffin.com/home.html

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: